Lice is the one word that has the power to make a parent cringe. Most families will have to deal with this problem at some point during the life of their child. Our providers recommend the following at home hair treatment:
- Wash hair in Joy dish detergent
- Comb olive oil through hair
- Shower cap & saran wrap head
- Leave on at least 8 hours
- Blow dry every 30 minutes
- Wash hair in Joy dish detergent again to get out the olive oil
- Apply conditioner
- Blow dry in 1 inch sections from root to tip.
Additionally, you should wash all clothes and bedding in hot water and anything that cannot be washed should be tied tightly in a garbage bag and left for 2 weeks. We also suggest that you soak all brushes, combs, barrettes, hair clips, etc in anti-lice liquid that can be found at your local drug store.
Some additional resources for information about lice and lice treatments can be found at: